Camilla camisole

camisole1    

I picked up this pink silk satin with no plan in mind at a Tessuti remnant sale. I decided it would be perfect for the Camilla Camisole pattern also from Tessuti. This pattern is a simple camisole cut on the bias with darts at the back for shaping. I first sewed up a size 16 muslin from a cheap rayon lining fabric. There was too much volume under the armpits so I took out a wedge grading from a 12 at the armscye to a 16 about 4 inches down. The fit is good but I think would be improved with a 1/2 inch full bust adjustment in my next version.

camisole2

The instructions are excellent with supporting photographs of each step. For the straps i used my own technique to sew and turn them. I sewed a piece of cord to the end of the strap fabric and used a zipper foot to sew the strap as you would to make cording. I could then simply pull the cord through turning the straps out to the right side. I’m very pleased with how narrow I could get the straps using this technique.

camisole3

The pattern achieves a very neat finish on the inside with an interfaced facing along the neckline and french seams. I used a light weight bi-elastic interfacing for the facing and skipped the tear away Vilene shields used in the pattern instructions. I had no stretching of the neckline during the sewing process.

camisole4

pink satin

This project used up the 1 meter silk remnant with just enough left over to make a matching pair of Ohhh Lulu Grace Panties. I cut these in a size x-large with the silk on the bias and black stretch mesh for the sides.

camisole6

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s